Skip to main content

Tip and Challenge April 20th

Good morning everyone!

I hope everyone completed the challenge yesterday! I for one am sore. Carrying timbers all day takes it out of you!

Keep in mind, combined time for most of these challenges is only about 15 minutes. The more fit you become the less stressful these will feel to your body and the more you can produce in that 15 to 20 minute window. Do some squats and push-ups, brush your teeth, do some more, brew the coffee, do a few more get the kids up.

Remember, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

Tip: If you are sweating excessively during the day, water depleted, remember to add extra sodium. Salt is not the enemy. Salt is a performance enhancer, especially in athletes!

Challenge: 100 jumping jacks, 100 mountain climbers, 100 push-ups, 100 burpees, 100 speed skaters



If you have the time and this was easy for you, add a few more exercises or do this challenge twice today!

Do Well Be Well
Ty


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Aging Athlete.

After my life changing health issue, I was faced with some challenges. Now That I am 40, I am starting to see that I am faced with new challenges..age. While I am in many ways reaching that point many call "old man strength" I am also faced with a lower level of recovery and endurance. My strength seems to continue to climb but how I obtain and maintain that strength is very different.

I've heard a similar complaint or rather realization from many of my friends in the strength game.

As we age, as is commonly known, our needs begin to change. By 40 most men start to notice a drastic drop in testosterone levels. We fatigue easier, we notice we are more grumpy, less driven, less enthused and the depression driven mid life crisis develops (this sounds like a supplement commercial). While consistent weight training can help lessen these issues and keep testosterone levels heightened for our age, we are still going to notice the movement of time on our bodies.

When I started …

Aging Athlete Series-Woz Shares Her Story.

If you’d have told me when I was in my early-30s crying in my bathroom over the condition of my thighs that I’d be teaching a dance fitness class and in the best shape of my life when I am 44, I’d have thought you were mad. Simply mad. It all started in 2009 when I was 36. I’d just moved to Florida and needed to make friends. I signed my then 5 year old daughter and myself up at the local YMCA. Surely we would meet people there. Except, I found myself back on the treadmills and not interacting with anyone. Passing the Group Fitness schedule I saw the word “Zumba.” What in the world is Zumba? I can’t recall if I asked the front desk or if I Googled it, but I convinced a mom-friend from our kids’ gymnastics class to go with me. I was terrified to go to my first class. Oh the anxiety of it all. It was confusing. I love Latin music, but the fitness part was baffling and I think the instructors hips weren’t actually attached to her spine. I was determined, however, to figure it out. Eventua…

Welcome to Gorilla Pit Athletics

Welcome to Gorilla Pit Athletics, the fitness blog and company of founder, Ty Phillips. You will find daily fitness challenges, eating tips, technique tips, advice, and hopefully some inspiration to start the journey of getting fit.

Daily tip:Start your morning with 20oz of warm water. Drink it first thing and 20-30 minutes before you eat. 
Today's challenge: Do 20 squats every hour on the hour up until the hour before bed time. If you do this easy step, you should be able to get in 200 plus squats in a day.


Add a comment below and let me know if you did the challenge and how you feel!

Do well! Be well!
Ty